To assist in the development of individuals in the field of government relations, and provide an opportunity for advancement, MGRA has developed a job bank to allow members to post open positions that support the organization’s government relation’s efforts.
Open positions will be advertised for 60 days unless otherwise requested.
To post a opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Job Postings
Employer: Maryland Independent College & University Association
To apply for this job, please contact Ashley Swift at:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 4102690306
Ashley Swift prefers contact via email.
The Associate Vice President of Government and Business Affairs reports to the President. The Associate Vice President is responsible for public policy leadership in support of independent higher education and assists in liaising between MICUA and various public bodies, including the Governor’s Office, the Maryland General Assembly, the Maryland Higher Education Commission, and the Department of Budget and Management. As a member of the MICUA executive team, the Associate Vice President assists the President in all operations of the Association and fulfills the duties of President or Executive Vice President when necessary.
The Associate Vice President performs the following duties:
- Assists with lobbying elected officials in support of independent higher education;
- Monitors the State budget and fiscal outlook;
- Coordinates State aid programs in collaboration with the Senior Research Analyst;
- Coordinates and assists the MICUA capital projects submission process in collaboration with the Executive Vice President;
- Reviews federal and State legislation and regulations;
- Prepares written and oral testimony in collaboration with the Executive Assistant;
- At the direction of the President or the Executive Vice President, testifies before committees of the Maryland General Assembly, the Maryland Higher Education Commission, and the Department of Budget and Management;
- Represents the Association on several State and national committees and various policy forums;
- Works with National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities and other national organizations on issues impacting independent higher education;
- Assists with convening and coordinating meetings with various campus-based affinity groups;
- Facilitates collaboration among institutions of higher education to reduce costs or increase revenues;
- Coordinates with the Senior Research Analyst for the preparation and production of various financial and accountability reports;
- Assists in responding to inquiries from institutions, federal and state agencies, national organizations, and the general public regarding independent higher education;
- Surveys member institutions on key issues, assesses responses, and assists in formulating MICUA policy;
- Explores and facilitates engagement and partnership opportunities with the business community;
- Brokers consortium arrangements and pricing opportunities for the MICUA institutions;
- Assists with special projects; and
- Handles other responsibilities as assigned by the President.
- A master’s degree in a related discipline or Juris doctor is required. At least 5 years of experience in a related field is preferred. A candidate is expected to exhibit a proven history of competence in management, progressive experience with public policy development, and strong written and oral communication skills.
The closing date for this job posting is 9/1/2020