To assist in the development of individuals in the field of government relations, and provide an opportunity for advancement, MGRA has developed a job bank to allow members to post open positions that support the organization’s government relation’s efforts.
Open positions will be advertised for 60 days unless otherwise requested.
To post a opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
Current Job Postings
Presidential Search for Maryland Independent College and University Association (MICUA) The Maryland Independent College and University Association (MICUA) seeks an experienced and accomplished leader to serve as its next President. The president will work energetically and passionately to represent, advance, and defend the collective interests of its 15 member institutions and the 64,000 students they enroll. The president will provide strategic leadership in matters of policy, research, and legislation and lead a committed and accomplished association in the ongoing work of advancing Maryland’s independent colleges and universities.
MICUA is a member-driven, nonprofit organization, which has as its mission the collective representation of 15 private, nonprofit colleges and universities located in Maryland. MICUA provides public policy leadership on behalf of its members, fosters cooperative efforts among its member institutions and the broader higher education community, and serves as the official liaison between Maryland’s independent institutions and State and federal policymakers. In addition, MICUA serves as the Resident Agent of the Independent College Fund of Maryland (I-Fund), which has as its mission raising funds to provide scholarships and grants to students attending twelve I-Fund member institutions. More information about MICUA and its member schools is available at http://www.micua.org/.
The President is the chief executive officer of the Association and reports directly to the MICUA Board of Trustees, which is comprised of the presidents of its 15 member institutions. The President is responsible for leading MICUA in a manner that supports the Association’s mission as defined by the Board of Trustees and helps guide the Board in establishing annual goals and strategic objectives. A key responsibility of the President is to serve as an advocate for independent higher education with State and federal officials and the general public.
The Board of Trustees of MICUA seeks candidates with outstanding communication skills, integrity, a prodigious work ethic with equal capacity for both leading and doing the work of the association, and a commitment to the value for all Maryland citizens of the partnership between state government and its independent colleges and universities. A bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree and knowledge of and experience with private, nonprofit higher education is preferred. Additional information about the duties, requirements, and responsibilities of the president are available in the position profile at https://apptrkr.com/1488804 on the “Current Searches” page.
MICUA is being assisted in this search by Academic Search, Inc. Confidential discussions about this opportunity may be arranged by contacting Jay Lemons at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jennifer Kooken at email@example.com.
Applications should consist of a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for five references (who will not be contacted without the explicit permission of the candidate). The position is open until filled but only applications received by August 12, 2019 can be assured full consideration. Applications, nominations, and expressions of interest can be submitted in confidence to MICUAPresident@academic-
MICUA is an equal opportunity employer and seeks a diverse pool of candidates.
Hyundai Motor Company, Washington D.C seeks an Administrative Assistant to play a critical role in providing support to a vibrant government affairs team. This is an entry level position with recent college graduates welcome to apply. Click here for more information and candidates are asked to submit resume & cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Administrative Assistant will interact with stakeholders as well as team members internally, externally and across Hyundai affiliates to create a positive and efficient workflow.
- Coordinate day-to-day administrative operations, including file management for executives, answering incoming phone calls and greeting visitors.
- Maintain office-wide calendar and day-to-day calendar management and travel for executives, keeping them informed, well prepared and on time for meetings.
- Prepare briefing and presentation materials for meetings and events, and provide event support (catering, invitations, signage, etc.).
- Professionally communicate directly on executives’ behalf, in many cases to senior management, staff, government officials and other VIP stakeholders, including handling critical calls, emails and correspondence, often of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Closely monitor and compile media coverage of congressional and state legislative action on issues of importance to Hyundai.
- Support and contribute to internal meetings and events.
- Perform other general administrative duties as assigned by the government affairs team.
The Administrative Assistant must be proactive at all times, motivated, thoroughly dependable and a quick learner.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and project management skills.
- Positive, friendly disposition and excellent team player with outstanding interpersonal skills who can collaborate well with others.
- Forward-looking thinker who actively seeks solutions and demonstrates strong problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly and efficiently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Excellent computer and technology skills, including experience working with a variety of software applications and computer programs, specifically PowerPoint. Proficiency in database management, social media monitoring software and design programs a plus. Hands-on experience managing meetings, events and roundtables.
Education and Experience. Bachelor’s Degree required. Experience supporting an office environment is preferred.
Salary Range: $36,000-$42,000/year.