To assist in the development of individuals in the field of government relations, and provide an opportunity for advancement, MGRA has developed a job bank to allow members to post open positions that support the organization’s government relation’s efforts.
Open positions will be advertised for 60 days unless otherwise requested.
To post a opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
Current Job Postings
Employer: Maryland Association of Counties
To apply for this job, send your CV to Leslie Velasco at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Maryland Association of Counties (MACo) is seeking a full-time Communications Coordinator. MACo is a membership association located in Annapolis’s historic district, providing services to Maryland’s 23 counties and Baltimore City.
A ‘tech-savvy’ communications expert, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for planning, building, managing, and analyzing MACo’s messaging and online presence. With the primary goal of driving traffic to MACo’s various online channels, they will proactively manage and optimize the Association’s digital outlets to ensure the best results. Responsible for coordinating and executing MACo’s communications strategy, this individual will create and run informational campaigns for a wide variety of MACo services, ranging from events promotion to legislative advocacy. This individual will thrive on turning input from policy or program experts into creative and exciting output with relevant messaging and targeted outreach for a wide variety of audiences to include local and state elected officials, government employees, legislators, commercial entities, and others interested in MACo’s work. The Communications Coordinator works closely with county communications professionals, media, and external partners to identify opportunities for new outreach and information-sharing. This is a mid-level position that welcomes creativity and offers opportunities for growth and professional development.
In addition to a competitive salary, generous benefits include: sick and vacation leave; life and disability insurance; retirement plan; long-term care insurance; employer-paid parking; bonus eligibility; training opportunities; and fully employer-funded health, dental, and optical insurance. Potentially a remote/work-from-home position, or a hybrid office/remote arrangement.
Job Location: Annapolis, MD 214014
Full job description and details available at www.mdcounties.org/
Phone number to contact: 4102690043
Employer: CareFirst, BCBS
To apply for this job, please contact Erica Bloomer at:
- Email: email@example.com
Erica Bloomer prefers contact via email.
The External Affairs Manager is responsible for developing and enhancing relationships with government officials in their respective jurisdiction(s); anticipating needs and resolving emergent issues in an effective and timely manner. Responsible for planning and executing broad communications and targeted outreach activities to municipal and county officials. Functions as primary contact for elected officials, civic and business organizations, and community leaders to resolve issues, optimize the corporate image, and communicate corporate messages.
Job location: DC and MD
Employer: Maryland Independent College & University Association
To apply for this job, please contact Ashley Swift at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 4102690306
Ashley Swift prefers contact via email.
The Associate Vice President of Government and Business Affairs reports to the President. The Associate Vice President is responsible for public policy leadership in support of independent higher education and assists in liaising between MICUA and various public bodies, including the Governor’s Office, the Maryland General Assembly, the Maryland Higher Education Commission, and the Department of Budget and Management. As a member of the MICUA executive team, the Associate Vice President assists the President in all operations of the Association and fulfills the duties of President or Executive Vice President when necessary.
The Associate Vice President performs the following duties:
- Assists with lobbying elected officials in support of independent higher education;
- Monitors the State budget and fiscal outlook;
- Coordinates State aid programs in collaboration with the Senior Research Analyst;
- Coordinates and assists the MICUA capital projects submission process in collaboration with the Executive Vice President;
- Reviews federal and State legislation and regulations;
- Prepares written and oral testimony in collaboration with the Executive Assistant;
- At the direction of the President or the Executive Vice President, testifies before committees of the Maryland General Assembly, the Maryland Higher Education Commission, and the Department of Budget and Management;
- Represents the Association on several State and national committees and various policy forums;
- Works with National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities and other national organizations on issues impacting independent higher education;
- Assists with convening and coordinating meetings with various campus-based affinity groups;
- Facilitates collaboration among institutions of higher education to reduce costs or increase revenues;
- Coordinates with the Senior Research Analyst for the preparation and production of various financial and accountability reports;
- Assists in responding to inquiries from institutions, federal and state agencies, national organizations, and the general public regarding independent higher education;
- Surveys member institutions on key issues, assesses responses, and assists in formulating MICUA policy;
- Explores and facilitates engagement and partnership opportunities with the business community;
- Brokers consortium arrangements and pricing opportunities for the MICUA institutions;
- Assists with special projects; and
- Handles other responsibilities as assigned by the President.
- A master’s degree in a related discipline or Juris doctor is required. At least 5 years of experience in a related field is preferred. A candidate is expected to exhibit a proven history of competence in management, progressive experience with public policy development, and strong written and oral communication skills.
The closing date for this job posting is 9/1/2020